Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Beginning a Juice Cleanse


Hi, my name's Ginger Miller.  Brian's blog has been such an inspiration to me, that when a sore throat developed, I decided to go on a juice cleanse as well. I am using produce from the grocery store since the price of organic fruits and veggies is so expensive for juicing. Today I drank about 3 cups of pineapple juice, 2 cups of lemonade with stevia (from fresh juiced lemons) and 3 cups of green juice drink of lettuce, parsley, celery, garlic, carrots, cucumber, tomato, a small harbenero pepper, apples and an entire onion. The onion, high in quercetin a free radical scavaging antioxidant and antibacterial, with garlic and pepper should be very effective in helping my body get well. A trick I learned, from one of my friends, is to add some of the rind of oranges and lemons while juicing them. Both the white part and the colored part. She said that the white part is rich  in bioflavonoids while the colored part is a natural antihistamine. It seems to work.   

No comments:

Post a Comment