Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Original Weight Loss Posts

Hey Everyone, Thanks for reading my blog. Over the following paragraphs, you will learn a lot about me, and my struggles to accomplish the goals in my life. The first goal I have is to get physically fit for summer. To do this I have started juicing and drinking smoothies everyday. I started posting information on this first struggle on my Facebook page. To catch everyone up to speed here are all of my previous posts from that FB thread ;-)

December 6th Now its time to be a little more serious..., Two days ago I was joking about going on a Red Bull cleanse, but I really did make a huge shift in my diet. For breakfast every morning I have been juicing, having a normal American lunch, and making a smoothie for dinner. What results do you think I will see within the next 28 days? Im on my second day in, and I have not had any coffee, have not had a craving for it, no headache, nothing. Strangely I feel full all day too, but I do add some pulp back to the juice in the morning. Ill keep this thread going to keep everyone updated on the results.

Today is day 3 and I feel great! My eyes feel brighter, and my body is already showing more definition. On Monday next week I start the excersize program.

4th day: My cravings for depleted food are diminishing. I have a sandwich for lunch yesterday, and found it totally unenjoyable, could only eat half of what I would normally eat. My evening eating frenzies have stopped also. Only got 5 hours of sleep last night and I still feel alert and happy. No need for coffee, but I was looking forward to yoga and juice this morning. My muscles feel more toned, but I did notice some weakness in my shoulders and arms. I'll be adding more protein to my smoothie tonight. All and all, its going quite well so far ;-)

Day 5: Felt like I had a little low blood sugar this morning. I had to add a boiled egg for some extra protein this morning, but I am still on track. 5 days in, I feel like I've accomplished something, and my pooch is shrinking already :-) Our whole molecular structure is made up of the components we ingest. Aristotle once said "Our food should be our medicine, and our medicine should be our food." Hippocrates also said we should "Put the dinner table in the garden." One more thing I noticed for Day 5. After brushing my teeth this morning I noticed that I have a ton of healthy color in my face now :-) If you get into greens that do not agree with your pallet, apples and lemon will disguise the flavor. Apples sweeten it up, and lemon neutralizes it out ;-)

Day 6! My body has accepted the new diet in a great way. Today I started my fitness plan again. 100 push ups, and plenty of energy for the rest of the day ;-) Extra tip: I exercise before drinking my juice. It prepares my muscles for all the nutrition I am about to consume ;-)

Ok, I was a bad boy last night and had three peices of peperoni pizza for dinner, but if it makes the blog any better, I didnt enjoy that bready, greasy, thing at all ;-) However, I jumped right back in this morning with yummy fresh juice. Only got 4 hours of sleep, and I felt great enough to pump out 100 pull-ups, now its time to write up a 1200 word essay on how drug and alcohol addictions affect the family.

Day 8! Well everyone I made it through one whole week. I'm pretty exited about that :-) Last nigh was tough again with the smoothie, looks like Im going to have to do some self-hypnosis to reprogram my evening eating habits. I did at least drink one smoothie, but it was much smaller than usual, and I ate a slice of quesodilla, which had nasty yellow cheddar cheese and a depleted white flour tortilla. However, slowly and surly I am transitioning into a healthier lifestyle. Until tomorrow loyal friends ;-)

Well..., day 9 was a day off. No juice, no smoothie. Chimichangas, Nachos, and greasy nasty foods all day :-(

Self-hypnosis tonight, and back on track today for day 10. Tomorrow the struggle for health continues loyal friends. My eggnog, persimmon, banana smoothie was pretty delicious tonight. I'm converting to a 75-80% raw diet. I juice kale in the morning, that stuff is dense! I found my Juiceman Jr at the Thrifty Bargon for $10! Look around town and see if you can find anything first. I like the centrificule force ones because it's real easy to take the blade out and clean it after squishing ginger and celery.

Day 11! Lucky day, doing well. too much time on my hands ;-) I am a trained Chef. I worked in restaurants for about 5 years and went to culinary school. I make up my own recipes, but I can post some up if you guys are interested. Tonight's smoothie: 2 banana's, 2T freshly ground peanut butter, 1/4 large papaya, almond milk to smooth ;-)

Day 12: Feelin' just fine, but its funny how many people want to take me out to dinner while I incorporate a new diet. This is going to take some serious planning ;-) This mornings juice: 2 red apples, 2 green apples, a nice hunk of beet, an egg sized chunk of Ginger, 2 large navel oranges, 4 carrots, 1 leaf Kale, 1 leaf red chard, 1 small handful spinach, 2 large sticks of celery. Clean blade after Ginger and celery. Add 1/4 cup of pulp back. This drink should be drank the same day, all the way up till lunch. After lunch much of the vital nutrition would have already escaped. Raw fruit Polysaccharides breakdown slowly and do not spike my blood sugar ;-)

 I need to get a wheat grass squisher for organic kale, parsley, and stuff. Day 13..., day off. Ahhhhhhh I dont think I have lost any weight, but I am more muscular.

 I'm taking one more day off, and am going to drink the juice throughout the whole day instead of chugging it all for breakfast. I'm still doing the smoothies for dinner.

Back on track. Banana, blueberry, peanut butter, almond milk smoothie for dinner Day 15: Wow, talk about some ups and downs. Its interesting how difficult diet modification can be. I think I am going to add a boiled egg or half an egg sandwich in the morning for breakfasts. Maybe I can eat the other half for lunch :-) I may have to add another small meal at 2 before dinner also. I heard about a Dr in town that is giving injections of testosterone and B12 to his weight loss clients. I get plenty of B from all the apples I juice, so I did the research on a natural testosterone supplement. What I found was a product called Tribulus Terrestris. Stay tuned, it should be here by Wednesday, and they say it will take three days to saturate my system. Just did a little more research on Tribulus Terrestris and found out..., it is the same annoying plant that pops my bike tires every year. Yep that's right Goat-heads! Never in my life did I think I would want to harvest Goat-heads! lol, if it works this year I will be :-)

Ok, Tribulus is here, tried it today. Had more energy through my work out and did 100 extra pull-ups. Drank my juice for lunch and feel WAYYY better :-) Day 16, here we go

No comments:

Post a Comment