Wednesday, June 27, 2012

OMEGA 3,6,9 COOKIES


It seems that we only hear about the benefits of omega 3 oils.  Perhaps the standard American diet may weigh too heavily on the 6 and 9 omegas, but if you are like me and you do not consume a great deal of the other oils in the form of baked goods and salad dressings, then this does not apply. Consuming only omega 3's did not help me eliminate my health problems. It wasn't until I added a balance of 3,6,9 omegas that I noticed an improvement in my skin, energy level and general feeling of well-being. I find it best to consume these oils in their natural state in fresh foods since oils tend to become rancid very quickly.  Here is a delicious raw cookie recipe which contains all omegas. 

3,6,9 COOKIES
Put 1 cup of raw walnuts and 1 cup of raw cashews in a food processor and grind to a flour. Take out and place in a bowl. Put 6 big medjool dates in the processor and add back the nut flour along with a pinch of high mineral salt and about two teaspoons of pure vanilla extract. Take out the sticky cookie dough and form into small pressed rounds. Refrigerate and eat as is or dehydrate them overnight. You can form them into balls and then roll them in raw grated coconut or raw cacoa if you wish.
For more omega 3, you can add more walnuts and or flaxseed.


No comments:

Post a Comment